Photon Automation, Inc. Expands Operations with New Laser Applications Laboratory in Farmington Hills, Michigan
13 Jul 2023
Greenfield, Indiana – June 19, 2023 – Photon Automation, Inc., a leading provider of automated laser technology solutions since 2000, is pleased to announce the opening of their state-of-the-art laser applications laboratory in Farmington Hills, Michigan. The 7,400-square-foot facility will be led by renowned laser physicist, Dr. Najah George, Ph.D., who brings over 35 years of extensive experience in laser technology.
The new laboratory will serve as a hub for cutting-edge research, development, and testing of laser applications. Equipped with advanced laser systems and best-in-class technology, the facility will offer a wide range of services to cater to the needs of various industries.
Activities at the Farmington Hills laboratory include:
- Laser Applications Testing: Photon Automation’s team of experts, under the leadership of Dr. Najah George, will conduct comprehensive laser applications testing to assess feasibility and performance of their clients’ applications.
- Prototype Manufacturing and Testing: The facility will provide a dedicated space for the creation and testing of customer prototypes, enabling clients to validate their designs and accelerate their product development process.
- Laser Job Shop Services: Photon Automation will offer laser job shop services to meet the manufacturing needs of industries seeking short-run laser processing solutions.
- Testing and Diagnostic Services: The laboratory will provide testing and diagnostic services to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of laser processes including metallurgical analysis, and CT scanning.
- Laser Education: Dr. Najah George, renowned for his expertise in laser applications, will lead educational initiatives aimed at promoting knowledge sharing and fostering innovation in the field of lasers. A list of classes and schedules will be posted at www.photonautomation.com.
Dr. George’s impressive background includes a Bachelor of Science in Physics, a Master of Science degree in Laser Technology, and a Ph.D. in Solid State Physics. He began his laser journey in 1987 at the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission (IAEC)/Laser Development and has since gained extensive experience across numerous sectors, including education, research, and industry. Dr. George has extensive global experience working with a laser optics company and was instrumental in developing battery technology for electric vehicles and grid storage projects.
“We are thrilled to open our new laser applications laboratory in Farmington Hills, Michigan, and welcome Dr. Najah George as the leader of this exciting venture,” said William Huffman, CEO of Photon Automation, Inc. “Dr. George’s wealth of experience and international recognition as a laser expert will undoubtedly enhance our capabilities and allow us to better serve our clients across multiple industries.”
Photon Automation’s expansion into Farmington Hills reinforces their commitment to delivering cutting-edge laser solutions and supporting the evolving needs of their customers. The laboratory’s proximity to major industrial hubs, including laser manufacturers, will facilitate collaboration with a diverse range of industries.
About Photon Automation, Inc.: Photon Automation is a leading provider of custom machinery, featuring automated industrial laser solutions specializing in laser welding, cutting, cleaning and marking applications. With a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, Photon serves a diverse range of industries, including energy storage, medical device, consumer products, communication, automotive, aerospace, and powertrain. Their team of experts combines technical expertise with state-of-the-art equipment to deliver high-quality automated equipment that meet the evolving needs of their clients.
Photon’s operations include a total of 250,000 square feet of space, including applications development laboratories, engineering offices, machine shop and manufacturing space. Photon’s services include design and development of custom automated machines, but also includes application development services, prototype manufacturing and testing, and DFM consulting. The range of systems that Photon produces includes semi-automated stand-alone machines or fixtures to fully automated production lines.
For further information about Photon Automation, Inc. and their laser applications laboratory, please visit www.photonautomation.com or contact: Bill Fletcher, Director of Sales and Marketing, Phone: +1 317-649-0923 Email: email@example.com.